June 23, 2013

Senior Trip 2013

Woah! So First of all, I can't believe High School is done! The day after graduation, me and my best friends packed up Courtney's mom's car and headed down to Newport Beach!  We have been preparing for this for months and have gotten so excited for it! I didn't think it was ever going to come.  It was a little scary at first because it was just me, Courtney, Carly, Tessa, Taylor, Ruby, and Zoe driving down with no chaperones, but we said a prayer and were on our way!  We drove 4 hours to St. George and slept over night there.  In the morning we woke up and drove the rest of the way to Newport!  It was a pretty good drive! Nothing bad happened, and we all got along really well so I guess I can't complain!  The funniest thing happened in St. George.  When we were driving in, We decided to call Cafe Rio and place an order so we could eat dinner right when we got there.  I called and before I ordered the guy on the other end asked me for my name.  I said "Ashlyn" and he said "What?"  So again, I said "Ashlyn" but a little louder this time.  He said "Sorry mam it is really loud in here, what is your name?"  So I said even louder (yelling) "ASHLYN!" and then it was quiet.  He said, "I didn't get that, could you spell it out for me?" So I was yelling and I said "A-S-H-L-Y-N!!" It was quiet and then he said "alright, Last name?" so i started to spell that out when I finally gave up
 "C-H-R..YOU KNOW WHAT? JUST PUT CAT!"  I knew he wouldn't be able to hear Christensen, and it was so long so I came up with a short and simple last name. My friends laughed and laughed! They wondered why I didn't say a simple REAL last name like Smith or Jones, and where CAT came from.  Anyway, It was really funny.  Especially when we got to Cafe RIo and they said "We have an order for Ashlyn Cat." Now instead of calling me Shlyn, my friends call me Shlynie Cat! It is pretty great.

Back to Senior Trip! We got to Newport and we were all so excited! We had to stop at costco first to get some groceries, but then we went straight to our new house.  Our guy friends, and chaperons were there.  We stayed on 2001 Court Street. It was an apartment building with 3 floors.  There was garages on the first floor, two condos on the second, and two condos on the third.  We were on the very top in one condo, and Jake Knight, Jake Vanbourem, Donald Kirk, Cooper Richins, Aaron Toro, Dane Jensen, Hunter Moseley, and Zach Clegg were all in the condo acrossed the hall. It was so fun! Jake Knight's mom, and Jake Vanbourem's mom stayed with us as our chaperones.  They were awesome!  

I wish I could tell you day for day what happened and how much fun it was, but SO MUCH HAPPENED AND WE HAD SO MUCH FUN that it would take years to write everything out so here are a few things we did in Newport.  We went to the beach, like EVERYDAY! It was so fun! All of the High School kids in our area were down there for Senior Trip, so it was like a party every day.  We would stay up until 3 or 5 AM just so we could get fresh donut holes at the donut shop down the street called "Sea Side Donuts" They made donut holes fresh every few hours and 3 AM seemed like a logical time to us for some reason. Anyway, that was really fun.  Everyone would get either really hyper or REALLY tired. We usually would wake up and go to the beach first thing.  At night time we would ride biked to the wedge, have picnics on the beach, play truth or dare, go out to dinner, hang out at the pier where all the high schoolers were, rollerblade, shop, go to balboa, and just have as much fun as we could!  One day we went to the Newport Temple to do baptisms, and then we went to lunch at Ruby's diner on Balboa pier. That was fun! One night we went up to Huntigton Beach for dinner and to go shopping at Jack's surfboards.  That was fun because there was the Huntington Beach Street Fair that night!  I got some cute clothes!  I also got a RVCA shirt for my dad for father's day at Jack's Surfboards.  We ate dinner up there too.  It was so fun that I could go on about it for hours.  I will remember it the rest of my life! Here are pictures! 

Courtney and Me


Carly and Me

Weston was really upset that he had to put off Senior Trip to go on his mission, but we face timed him alot!

me giving Ruby a ride

Zoe, Tessa, Taylor, Carly, and Me

Cooper towing me and Carly on our roller blades

I took this picture of the volley ball in the air

Me, Carly, and Courtney

we did this with Sparklers, I am the "O"

model status

a few of us went to the crab cooker one night!
Donald, Tessa, Zach, Courtney, Ruby, Zoe, Carly, Taylor, and Me

Zoe and me

Me and Tessa

Ruby, Zoe, and Me

The night before Weston left for the MTC (tuesday night) The whole gang got together and facetimed him to say goodbye, this is me and carly after.  We were sad. 

Me and Elder Smith

Hiding in the cupboard, scaring people

3 in the morning

The Wedge
Taylor, Carly, Conley, Jason, Me, and Michael

Us at church on Sunday
Courtney, Me, Ruby, Carly, Tessa, Zoe, and Taylor



































































I will never forget you NEWPORT 2013, best place ever, best people ever, best trip EVER!


No comments:

Post a Comment