September 22, 2013

Thing's are looking up

Well I am going to officially give a warm welcoming to fall.  The past few weeks have been hard for us Salt Lakers, the weather is just so Bipolar! You wake up and you don't know whether it is going to be a dark rainy day, or a hot sunny day! I personally hate it, I want it to be cooler in the valley. I want fall badly, so I can wear my new leather riding boots, and bright colored scarves (that distract from the fact that my hair is greasy and in a sloppy bun on top of my head)  and most of all I am excited for Thanksgiving! That's when Courtney is coming, and honestly, four weeks is way to long without a hug from your best friend.  So back to the point...whatever, I have already forgotten my point of this intro paragraph. Hello Fall, and Hello short term memory season!
 
Stress doesn't even begin to explain this week. I was preparing all week for my presentation in communications, an exam in sociology, and a test in math.  Throw in the fact that I was sick with a cold and a sore throat, and you have the perfect combo for the perfect STRESS STORM! I may have broke down this week, so thanks to mom for taking me shopping (we all know that's the cure to anything), thanks to Taylor and Tessa for the very helpful random video call that was very much needed, thanks to Courtney for always being there to make me laugh, and thanks to Netflix and Pinterest, for hours of entertainment.  Thanks everyone who made this week better for me than it actually was, now that the cold has passed, and the tests are over I can sing and dance, and be happy.
 
"I can see clearly now, the rain has gone..."
 
(why do three blind mice come to mind whenever I sing that song)
 ....I'm loosing it.
 
 
Friday was honestly the pain killer to this slow week though, I got home and just relaxed with Netflix and a Diet Coke.  Then me, Zoe, and Carly got together to go to REDFEST. Redfest is a concert at the University of Utah.  Student's get in free.  This year a few bands performed, Andy Grammer, Luna Lune, and Karmin.  We went, and on the way we picked up a cute girl named Anna. I was kind of afraid because lot's of the people I have met at the U so far have been kind of intimidating, and sometimes rude.  But the minute Anna got in the car, I could tell she was a great person.  We got along great, and she has a great sense of humor!  So Friday was a blast with the concert and everything.

Lumineers Concert


Me and Carl at THE LUMINEERS (or you could just call it, Carly and Ashlyn with some turned around people and a Jumbo purse)

Andy Grammer (or just Sexy guy and a microphone)


Anna and Carly (or possibly, Carly and Anna screaming in the dark with demon hand and hair bush)

Me and Carly (or the black and white picture that was supposed to be super cute but ended up creepy because of the face in carly's hair on the left)

no caption (actually there is a caption. Why am I eating Carly's shoulder, was I really that hungry? and who are those Asians, can you say Asian Invasion?)


Karmin (a much cuter, much cleaner version of Lady Gaga)


I call this the Carly featuring Ashlyn and half of Anna. (again with the Asians!)

Leather Pants (I spy a bald guy with glasses on the left)


This shot makes me question if those Leather pants were a good choice for her.

I'm screaming because I don't have a chin in this picture, and Carly is screaming because she lost her shirt.

The Asians behind me really liked this picture, I told them I would let them have it if they did my homework and my nails for a full month. (Is that a compliment or is that racist? I will let them decide that while they are giving me a pedicure this week)

What's going on.  Why is Karmin doing that ugly dance? She's not even drunk, she has no excuse to be dancing like that.  Is the piano guy flipping us off? Plus, who wakes up and says "I am going to wear an Orange Polo shirt today!" Who owns an orange polo shirt? Unless you work at home depot you have no right to wear an orange polo shirt.

So cute she is laughing and having such a good, IS THAT A HANDPRINT ON HER LEATHER PANTS?

 
Well peace out readers. (even though I'm pretty sure my only readers is my grandma, and a Russian guy named Viktor)
 
xoxoxo
(those hug's and kisses aren't for you Viktor)

3 comments:

  1. Your blog posts are THE BEST. I want more! I especially love the I Spy hints for the pictures... definitely makes the pictures exciting.... never know what's in the next one. Miss you Mama Cat! let's party it up when I come back to the homeland of SLC. Love love love love love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading all of Courtney's friends' blogs and Ashlyn, your photo captions were totally making me laugh out loud! Thanks for the laughs. Glad you are having fun! Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Thanks so much Angela! I miss being at your guy's house all the time! Seriously so many good memories at the Shaeffer's home! I love you guys!

      Delete