December 16, 2013

Imaginary Concussion

Oh how time flies! When your having fun! NOT!!! It has been a stressful past couple of weeks.  Studying, Writing, Reading, Studying, Writing, 5 minute nap, Studying, eat, repeat. That's how a lot of my day's have been going. So you probably know what is coming up in my life. FINALS WEEK. Oh wait, technically it is final weeks right now...and what am I doing? Blogging. I think it is only fair for me to take a minute to blog because A) It is good practice for writing B) It is a stress reliever for me and C) I stayed up until 11:00 last night writing a 10 page paper, then I woke up this morning at 7:00 A.M to finish it. And guess what? I FINISHED IT! Oh it feels so good to have that over with! Now I just have to study for Sociology and Communications.  There is also a 13 page math packet waiting for me in my backpack, that I have yet to do.  Now I know there are a lot of college student's out there who are having the same kind of week as me, or even worse! So here are tips from shlyn on how to survive finals week. (ya tips from a freshman in college, you heard me right)
 
1. Get a lot of sleep. Some of you may be thinking it is impossible to sleep right now. You must get as much studying in as you can with your few hours left! But, this is simply NOT true.  The best thing you can do right now is get rest.  So, wake up by 8 A.M. everyday this week, and go to bed by 10:00 P.M.  This will give you a full ten hours of sleep, making you awake, focus, and aware of what you are doing all day. (I know I mentioned earlier that I stayed up until 11, and woke up at 7, but this is only because I was able to fit in a Sunday nap yesterday)
 
2. Drink lots of water. Actually don't. This will only make you need to pee a lot, setting you up for distraction's along the way to the bathroom. (The other day I left my homework for two seconds to use the bathroom and ended up making cookies. How? I just don't know)
 
3. Take productive study breaks. If you are going to take breaks, don't spend them on pinterest. Get outside, go for a walk, do yoga, take a bubblebath.  Either do something productive, or something to relax you. (pinterest shouldn't count as either of these things)
 
4. Remember to breath. You will do fine, if you are studying as much as you are stressing, you will be FINE! Just study and remember it's okay because if you fail, everything will be okay because CHRISTMAS IS NEXT WEEK!
 
So you are probably wondering why I have such an odd title.  Well let me just start by telling you that Courtney is back in town! YAY! She is very lucky to be done with finals.  Anyway, Courtney and I hung out the night she got here. We got ice cream and snuggled. On Friday I went shopping with my mom, then hung out with Jeff, Carly, Courtney, Phil, Tyler, Dubs, Sydney, Anna, and Lou.  We made gingerbread houses at Phil's house. Failure? For me, Courtney, and Lou yes. For the other teams? No. pictures soon to come.
 
On Saturday, I went up to meet Courtney in Park City to watch the looge competitions.  When Courtney called up there that morning, they said the race was at 5-6:30. So we got there around 4:30, and when we went inside the lady at the desk told us that they were over already. We were so sad and disappointed. So since there were no looge races to go to, we went to eat at Red Rock. Yum!
 
So after we went sledding.  It was dark outside, but we didn't care.  We had a lot of fun, until...I had my "Imaginary Concussion" What does that even mean? Well me and Courtney were talking about concussions while we walked up the sledding hill.  And literally 2 minutes later I went down the hill on my sled, biffed it, and landed on my head and rolled down the hill.  Courtney came to help me. I think I just blacked out because I am still confused about the whole situation. But as it was happening, I think I psyched myself out into thinking I had a concussion.  Courtney drove my car home for me, and we hung out at my house. It was actually a fun night! We made pancakes, popcorn, and lemonade of course.  Then Lou and Carly came over. Then Zach Williams came over. Then Jeff, Dubs, Sydney, Tyler, Ben, Phil, and Anna came over! Then Zach left and everyone started a movie. Oh did I mention we got new theater chairs? We got rid of the Love Sacs and moved the two rows of single theater seating down.  On the very back row we put reclining love seats. 4 of them.  So when we started the movie, I realized that I was a ninth wheel.  Jeff and Carly were in a loveseat, Anna and Phil, Tyler and Lou, and Courtney and Ben. Sydney and Dubs left before we started the movie.  So It was everyone snuggling with someone else on the love seats. Then there was me. Hahaha! So I went to bed to avoid the awkward situation. 
 
On Sunday I went to church, studied, and ate dinner with my family.  Then we watched "The Santa Clause" and then I continued to study. So pretty wild weekend I know.
 
I am getting very excited for Christmas! I am also getting VERY excited to go to Hawaii after Christmas! WOOHOO!
 
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
SHLYN





No comments:

Post a Comment