February 26, 2014

Sharing my Happiness

Everyone has those little things in life that just make their days better, smiles bigger, and hearts a few degrees warmer.  Don't pretend like you don't.  Whether it is a yummy dessert, a certain song writer, or a board on pinterest! We all have those simple pleasures that make us so so happy! I can name ten of my "happy" things in life.  In no specific order.

1.  Puppies
     I cringe when people say "I'm a Cat person..." What does that even mean?  Unless you are referring to Shlynny on the Cats, just don't mention cats around me. Comparing cats to dogs is like comparing ice cream to celery.  We all know which one is better.





I don't think I have ever related to a quote so closely before.
  
2. Café Rio
    I don't know what it is but nothing beats Café Rio tortillas, Sweet pork, and their creamy house dressing! Holy cow, if my mouth was in love, Café Rio would be it's soul mate.

3. Man Candy
    Sometimes you  just need a celebrity crush to get you through the day.  So who is on my list?

Bradley Cooper

Eric Dane
(McSteamy)
Aaron Rogers
two words.
Football Player.
Actually, let's make that three words.
SEXY Football Player.
 
Harry Connick Jr.
I know, I know! He is more than twice my age. But seriously. Look at him. I don't know if it is his face or his humor that I love more.  But something about him just gets me! American Idol may not have the best contestants this year, but I definitely will be watching JUST for Harry!

 

Well this "man-candy" list could go on forever, but let's move on...

4. Soft Blankets and Fluffy Pillows
    Okay, my fantasy of cuddling one of the hotties listed above may never come true, but I will always have soft blankets and fluffy pillows! Nothing beats taking a nap like taking a nap with a soft blanket and fluffy pillow.

5. T.V. Shows
  Yes, being a lazy butt and watching T.V. really CAN make you happy. If you don't agree, then you probably don't own a T.V.. My favorite shows include The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Parks and Recreations, American Idol, Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood, Saturday Night Live, The Bachelor, Nashville, oh gosh there are so many! I am probably forgetting some!

6.  Singing in the shower
     Is it just me, or does your voice sound way better in the shower? I love pretending I am an American Idol for those few minutes in the shower every morning.

7. The Beach
     Sand, Sun, and Water. The ingredients to happiness. No joke. Why in the world do people go to places like Paris.  Too walk around a boring city, with boring people, and boring sight seeing? I would much rather go to the beach, ANY day. (No offense to my French loving friends, it's just not my thing I guess.)

8. My Cats
    You know what I'm talking about. Those six beaut's who are my best friends, and I am lucky to call them my cats.  It's a long story how we got that name, it has to do with a large Cafe Rio order, a long road trip, and a day at the beach. Love my cats more than anything though.  They can cheer me up so easily. I love them more than I love Christmas. I love them more than I love Grey's Anatomy.

9. My family
     Yep, 14 of the coolest people I know. Okay, technically I don't "Know" one of those people yet. Because she is still in my sister's fat belly. But, I know she is going to be pretty great because I am her aunt... My family can always make me smile.

10. Food
      fatty.
      My favorite foods are Red Velvet Cake, Peanut Butter Cups, Movie theater popcorn,              gelato, Lucky Charm marshmallows, Oreos, pringles, sushi, Mashed Potatoes, Café Rio, Pizzeria Limone, Bacon, Chicken nuggets, and pretty much any food with little nutritional value. Obviously.
 
The truth is, there are so many things in this awesome world that make me happy.
I am very blessed.
 
xoxo
 
Ashlyn











No comments:

Post a Comment