April 27, 2014

Spring Time

Finals Week. I have a theory about Finals Week. Once upon a time, Satan invented Finals Week. The End.

I know what you are thinking. "Aren't you being a little dramatic, Ashlyn?" Alright. I admit it. It's a little dramatic. But do you want to talk dramatic? Let's put 200 plus tired students in a room for two hours and make them take a test about everything they have already forgotten from the semester. Oh and let's make it 75% of their grade.  THAT'S dramatic. Ugh. I am just going to go drink a gallon of Diet Coke now.

So anyway, besides THAT. These past few weeks have been pretty good. Summer is almost here. I am looking forward to my birthday, Andrea's baby, Lake Powell, and being FREE from school.

Last Friday, I went to Thanksgiving Point with Alice Abrams for the Tulip Festival. It was so BEAUTIFUL!!! I really enjoyed being there with one of my very best friends.  Alice always knows how to get my mind of life's negatives, and makes me laugh harder than anyone I know. She is leaving on her mission this June.  She is going to be an amazing Missionary.

I sneezed on the last one. 


 


 Just ignore my messy hair from my camera strap being pulled on and off over my head



Last Sunday, It was Easter Sunday! We had a good weekend. The Saturday before Easter, Mom, Dad, and I went on a bike ride around Holladay. It was about 5 miles long. I Love riding my bike alot. especially with my family and friends. 

Later that day, We colored easter eggs. Lindsay and Josh came over and dyed the eggs with Me, Jeff, Mom and Dad.  Andrea and Sean were bound to their house that weekend because Sean got surgery on his torn ACL the day before.  He was in alot of pain, so they didn't really want to go anywhere that day.  


Josh was pretty proud of this egg that he colored. It is supposed to be a Giant Peanut Butter M&M. He even put a real Peanut Butter M&M next to it for the picture to compare. 


This kid can always make us laugh

OH BROTHER. BROTHERS!

That night we went downtown to Gateway for dinner and a movie. It was me, Jeff, Mom, Dad, Josh, and Lindsay again. We also brought Grandma and Grandpa along with us. Jeff invited Carly too. We at at Rumbi and saw a movie called "Heaven is for Real" which was really pretty good. 

It is a true story about a little boy who has appendicitis. While he is in surgery, he sees heaven and talks to Jesus. Alot of stuff happens while he is visiting heaven.  He starts to mention these experiences to his family. At first, everyone thinks he is crazy. Anyway, I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Go see it!

On Easter Sunday, we had an Easter egg hunt, and dinner. Sean, Andrea, Josh, Lindsay, Jeff, Dad, Mom, Janette, Todd, Jackson, Chandler, Grandma, and Grandpa all came over for dinner. 

Today, we celebrated Sean and Andrea's Birthday. The same crew from Easter Sunday came over for RIBS! 
My Dad is the best and making RIBS!


A very pregnant Andrea and a very injured Sean!











Sean had a hard time walking with his ACL into the kitchen, so we had Andrea blow out his candles for him.








xoxo

Shlynny





No comments:

Post a Comment