August 4, 2014

Bear Lake and Birthday's

 Oh what a week for selfies. On Thursday, Jeff came into my office to get his teeth cleaned and guess who cleaned them? Yup, his little baby sister. ME! Of course he was trying to make me laugh the whole time by saying things like "I didn't brush my teeth..." Oh brother. 
 
I also got some snapchats from these cute and hip parents of mine during church.
We all got a good laugh out of these...
So we had the plan to go up to Bear Lake for the weekend to celebrate Carly's 20th birthday!
I decided to bake a cake for the special weekend.
I have baked a bundt cake before.
I have made cupcakes before.
I have made pancakes before.
But I have never attempted a triple layer cake before. 
News to self, when you are trying to bake something for the first time...always get your mom to help you. That's what mom's are for. And directions aren't always clear.

Let's just say I may have not waited long enough for my cake to cool before I frosted it. 
It sunk. 
It crumbled.
It looked like a disaster.
I got frustrated, and it ended a little like this..











Just a couple of Lake Powell girl's living in a Bear Lake world ^


On Saturday night in Bear Lake there was a boat parade and firework show!
It was so fun to see all the creatively decorated boats.












Wait Courtney holding a dog? This is unreal!

I even got a corn dog. 
A footlong, five dollar, fantastic corn dog.


Buddy the dog kept the birthday celebration going all morning! ^





Raspberry Days











If Anna Gifford isn't one of your best friends, then I feel bad for ya.



So the cake didn't work out, but luckily I found a cute little gourmet donut shop in sugar house that I picked up before we left on friday.
They were delicious!
Every flavor from Maple Bacon and German chocolate, to s'more and apple pie!







                                           
                                         







So Happy Birthday to my life councilor...
My sister...

                  
My brother's girlfriend...


and my Best Friend in the whole world. 
                                 
                                     
The girl who's had my back through everything, never failed to laugh at one of my lame jokes, know's exactly what I'm thinking, knows me better than I know myself at times, and knows how to make me feel better instantly. Love you Carly! Can't wait for more adventures with you!
drink lots and lots of Diet Coke this week.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

xoxo
Shlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment