July 27, 2014

Happy Birthday Utah

 Utah celebrated the 24th of July this week! This is a very meaningful holiday. I can't even imagine what the pioneer's went through. I don't think I will ever be half as brave, strong, and faithful as the pioneers were when they croIssed the plains. I am very grateful for what they did all those years ago.

For Pioneer day, I swam with my family. Jeff is still in Lake Powell with his friends family, but Josh, Lindsay, Andrea, Sean, Mom, Dad, Ella, Charlie, Max, and I all hung out by the pool, and had a BBQ!







My mom is seriously the cutest Grandma I have ever seen!!! And Charlie is seriously the weirdest dog I have ever seen... He likes to roll around in bushes, sniff flowers, and chase bumble bees. YES BEES! He even got stung by one the other day. I felt bad for him, but I have to admit, he isn't the smartest dog in the world.

our neighbors firework display over the roof of our house. Ella and the dogs did not enjoy the loud sounds all evening. 




Later that night, I went to watch the fireworks over the whole valley with Dubs, Zoe, Tessa, and Anna! We had a good time at the elementary school on the top of 3300 S. We jammed out to the guitar, watched fireworks, took pictures, and snuggled. All while enjoying each other's company on top of a storage crate in the parking lot of the school.

 




Oh did I mention my Dad's homeade key lime pie ice cream sandwiches. Oh yes. They were delicious.



and you can't forget the for-every-holiday sugar cookies. These are honestly my favorite things in the world. There is something about that yummy frosting. It melts in your mouth. It's a good thing we see these cookies for every holiday! 

On Friday, I woke up and went to babysit the Pace's kids. When I got home, I hung out by the pool with Lindsay, Mom, Dad, and Carly. It was a very hot day, so swimming in the pool felt very refreshing.


NOTHING beats poolside dirty diet cokes with your best friend. I don't even know why they are called dirty diet cokes. They should be called Shlynny Diet Cokes, because I am their biggest consumer. 

 Me, Lindsay, and Carly went to the mall after to pick up some things. 

 
Then I went to a BBQ at Anna's house! Everyone was there! We played in their backyard on their rock climbing wall which is very fun and complicated to do! It climbs up the back of their treehouse. It is actually pretty neat! 

They are sure goofy, but they are my goofs!





Facetiming my FAVORITE PEEPS!



Hannah: "Mom, why does only Utah get a special holiday and NOT FLORIDA?"
(she was jealous of our 24th of July apparently)

xoxoxo

SHLYN







No comments:

Post a Comment