July 21, 2014

LP2014.... round two

Can you say deja vu? Lake Powell twice within 3 weeks of each other? I feel like the luckiest girl alive to be able to visit such a beautiful place every year, and call it my home away from home.
This time the crew consisted of four parents, one newlywed, three RM's, three 19 year olds, one high schooler, and two furry dogs.

TRANSLATION

My mom and dad came
Janette and Todd came with two of their boys
Lindsay came
Jeff and Carly came
Tyler Skinner came
and I brought my friend Anna!

The dogs were also dragged along for this week long adventure!

Fun in is understatement. 






How you could you possibly not LOVE Lake Powell?
Fun in the Sun ALL day long (literally)
All of the surfing, tubing, skiing, wakeboarding, swimming, jumping, boating, and eating may be exhausting after a week. But every minute is worth it!

My favorite parts of this trip? 
Sleeping under the stars with my best friends. We would talk and laugh until 3 in the morning, every night. We even played steam-roller. 

Watching every sun rise, sun set, and moon rise.

Eating Corn Dogs and Fried Oreos.

Tubing until it hurt. 

Laughing until it hurt.

Eating until it hurt.

Dance Parties happened often.









This picture will always make me laugh. You know why? Well there are two reasons and those are...

1. The length difference in me and Anna's legs compared to everyone elses. 

2. When my dad took it we were all laughing so hard, trying to make fun of those artsy people on instagram. Tyler and Jeff kept saying things like "O-M-G we are so hipster right now!" and "Our peeps are going to be sooo Jealous!!" in these bratty girl voices. Then my dad pops out of no where and says "YA AND WE CAN TOTALLY CHAP SNAT IT!!!" in the same snotty girl voice...
we laughed.
in fact, we laughed so hard Carly almost fell off the ledge.
We knew what he meant. 
He meant "SNAP CHAT IT"
but apparently he doesn't know what Snapchat is REALLY called. He tried his best. 
Props to Dad, for staying hip.





The tattoo and Tyler is my doing....
The tattoo on Jackson was Tyler's doing...
except the chain, Jackson had me do the chain to make his tattoo not look so "Shizzy"

peppy is a good swimmer



The only negative of the trip was when I joined the brave boys on a fifty foot cliff jump.
I lost control in mid air, and landing sideways.
Not only was this an instant headache, but caused bruising up my whole leg from hitting the water so hard. Ouch. 

I don't remember jumping so much.
But I remember hitting the water clearly.
I thought I was paralyzed. I couldn't move my leg, my swimsuit was giving me the worst wedgie ever, and my whole left side of my body ached.

Everyone was dead quiet as I hit the water and came out. 
But the minute I came out of the water they couldn't help but burst out into laughter because I used some harsh words.

For memories sake, this is what I said the second I came up for air. Don't Judge.

"Mother effin sons of bitches I lost my swimsuit up my asshole!!"

Everyone was laughing, I was crying. It was a memorable situation.

for the record, I didn't actually used the "F" word. 



Me about to hit the water, ever so crookedly...





The talented DUO


Some think he is weird.
I think he is talented. Talented in making people laugh.






Just some sisters and their dogs













Until next year Powell!
xoxo
Shlyn



No comments:

Post a Comment